1. What is AJI-NO-MOTO® made of?
- AJI-NO-MOTO® is made of natural ingredients such as cane, cassava, corn, wheat, rice and sago. In Indonesia, AJI-NO-MOTO® is produced from molasses and cassava.
2. How AJI-NO-MOTO® is made?
- AJI-NO-MOTO® is made from fermentation of molasses or tapioca starch by using microbes. Fermentation is a similar process in the production of soy sauce, cheese or tapai. In this process, first glucose in the molasses or tapioca starch is modified into glutamic acid with help from microbes. The resulting glutamic acid is then processed into crystals of MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) and purified into ready-to-use crystals. The processes involved after glutamic acid is obtained are similar to that in the production of cane sugar or cooking oil. For decades, scientists have conducted numerous researches on the safety of MSG. Health supervisory institutions around the world, including the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, had confirmed the use of MSG as safe and not causing side effects. Feel free to use AJI-NO-MOTO® to make your foods taste better.
3. Is AJI-NO-MOTO® (MSG) harmful to health?
- AJI-NO-MOTO® (MSG) does not incur harm to human’s health. There are three explanations for this: 1. AJI-NO-MOTO® (MSG) is made from fermentation of natural ingredients. 2. Our foods naturally contain MSG (MSG stands for Mono Sodium Glutamate). The trivial name of MSG for people in Indonesia is “mecin” or “micin”. 3. Our body effectively digests MSG. For decades, scientists have conducted numerous researches on the safety of MSG. Health supervisory institutions around the world, including the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, had confirmed the use of MSG as safe and not causing side effects. Feel free to use AJI-NO-MOTO® to make your foods taste better.
4. Does AJI-NO-MOTO® contains formalin / preservatives?
- AJI-NO-MOTO® does not contain any kind of preservatives, the durability of this product resulted from its dry crystal state with very low moisture content, which is unfavorable for the growth of microorganisms. However, it is important to know that not all preservatives are harmful; some of these compounds are approved for use in food products by the BPOM.
5. What is UMAMI?
- Umami is a Japanese word that is globally used to describe savory taste, which is created by proteins, such as protein in broth. Umami is the fifth basic taste after sweet, salty, bitter and sour. AJI-NO-MOTO® is called the source of umami, because glutamic acid is the main component of AJI-NO-MOTO®.
1. What is MASAKO® made of?
- Masako® is the perfect combination of real chicken/beef meat extract from high quality fresh meat and high quality spices and seasonings that gives your meal the real meaty flavor and aroma that only homemade broth can provide.
2. Is MASAKO® made with real meat?
- Yes. MASAKO® is made of real meat and high quality, selected spices and seasonings. During the production process, the meat is dried before being extracted and mixed with other ingredients, and finally packed hygienically. The perfect composition of ingredients creates tasty MASAKO® seasonings that give the real meaty flavor and aroma just like homemade broth. If you’d like more information about MASAKO®, please visit our website ajinomoto.co.id.
3. Is there any side effects from consuming MASAKO®?
- MASAKO® is safe for consumption because it is made of natural spices and seasonings that are perfectly blended with broth from real chicken/ beef meat extract produced at our facilities. This product has passed tests and received approval from the National Food & Drug Monitoring Agency (BPOM).
4. Does MASAKO® contain preservatives?
- MASAKO® does not contain preservatives. The durability of this product resulted from its dry state and the use of appropriate packaging material to prevent growth of microorganisms. However, it is important to know that not all preservatives are harmful; some of these compounds are approved for use in food products by the BPOM.
5. Can MASAKO® be consumed directly?
- MASAKO is flavor seasoning made of natural spices and seasonings and also high quality real meat extract, so MASAKO is safe for direct consumption. However, its function as cooking seasoning will be more effective when used for cooking, as it will improve the taste of the food.
1. Composition of Sajiku® Tepung Bumbu 80 gr
- Wheat flour, tapioca flour, salt, flavor enhancer (mononatrium glutamate, dinatrium 5 inosinate & dinatrium 5 guanylate), natural identical flavor (pepper, garlic), shallot, garlic, natrium bicarbonate, pepper, curry powder.
2. Is SAJIKU® safe for daily consumption?
- SAJIKU® is safe for our health, because SAJIKU® Tepung Bumbu is made of selected wheat and tapioca flour mixed with real spices/ seasonings that have been thoroughly dried.
3. Is there any side effects/ harm from consuming SAJIKU®?
- SAJIKU® is safe for our body, because: 1. SAJIKU® Tepung Bumbu is made with selected wheat and tapioca flour mixed with real spices/ seasonings that have been thoroughly dried. 2. Spices and seasonings that are used to make SAJIKU® RTUS (Ready To Use) are thoroughly dried to avoid occurrence of negative impact on human’s health.
4. What can I use SAJIKU® for?
- SAJIKU® Tepung Bumbu is ready to use seasoned coating mix that can be used to make fried chicken, shrimp, fish, squid, tofu, tempeh and even vegetables such as spinach, eggplant and onions.
5. How to prepare food using SAJIKU® 80 grams?
- PREPARATION: 1. Clean chicken meat under running water and set aside to drain excess water. 2. Make wet mix by diluting 1 tbsp of Sajiku Tepung Bumbu with with 4 tbsp of water (iced water is recommended). 3. Use the remaining Sajiku Tepung Bumbu as the dry mix. PRACTICAL METHOD: 1. Dip chicken meat into the wet mix and coat evenly, drain excess batter. 2. Roll each piece of chicken meat onto the dry mix and pat the seasoned flour to the meat. Set aside for 5 minutes. 3. Fry the battered chicken in hot oil until it turns golden brown. Remove the chicken to clean rack/ kitchen paper to drain, and serve.
1. Does Saori® Saus Tiram contain preservatives?
- Yes, we use a tiny amount of preservatives to Saori® Saus Tiram, which is a common practice in the production of sweet soy sauce and chili sauce in order to prevent the growth of microorganism and to maintain product quality throughout its shelf life. Preservatives used for this product have been approved by the BPOM (National Food & Drug Monitoring Agency).
2. How can I use SAORI® Saus Tiram?
- SAORI® Saus Tiram is ideal for stir-fry dishes such as stir-fry watercress, sautéed tempeh and long bean, or capcay. SAORI® can also be used to escalate the flavor in fried rice, fried noodle, or fried chicken. Real oyster extract generates typical Oriental savory and salty taste. Application of SAORI® Saus Tiram is similar to adding sweet soy sauce when cooking. To enrich your menu variation, SAORI® Saus Tiram provides 11 delicious recipes on the packaging (sachet pack and bottle pack) for you to try at home.
3. Can SAORI® Saus Tiram be consumed directly?
- The function of oyster sauce is to season dishes and improve the aroma and savoriness of the dish, thus perfecting the overall taste. The strong aroma of oyster sauce would be very noticeable when consumed directly, but if you like, SAORI® Saus Tiram is basically safe for direct consumption.
4. How can I use SAORI® Saus Teriyaki?
- SAORI® Saus Teriyaki is ideal for daily menu such as stir-fry tofu, sweet and spicy tuna, stir-fry mussel, or stir-fry dried salty squid. It is also perfect for marinating satay, grilled chicken, or corn. The excellent combination of Japanese soy sauce and selected spices creates the Oriental sweet and savory taste. Application of SAORI® Saus Teriyaki is similar to adding sweet soy sauce when cooking. To enrich your menu variation, SAORI® Saus Teriyaki provides 8 delicious recipes on the packaging (sachet pack and bottle pack) for you to try at home.
5. What is Teriyaki?
- Teriyaki is one of the most popular Japanese cuisines. Basically, teriyaki is made by dampening fish or beef meat with Japanese soy sauce mixed with other spices while the meat is put on the grill, thus creating delectable, shiny grilled menu. The term Teriyaki derives from Japanese words Teri (which means shiny) and Yaki (which means grilled).
1. What does Mayonnaise look like?
- In general, mayonnaise is a kind of sauce with thicker yet smoother texture.
2. What is Mayumi® made of?
- Mayumi® is made of high quality ingredients such as vegetable oil, egg yolks, vinegar (acidity regulator), and other additionals such as sugar, salt and allowed food additives.
3. Besides for dipping sauce, how can I use Mayumi®?
- Mayumi® can be used as dressing for vegetables/fruit salad, spread for sandwich, or as mixture for filling.
4. How is Mayumi® made?
- Mayumi® is made by mixing oil, vinegar and other ingredients. The production process of Mayumi® complies with the requirements of the BPOM and other safety, cleanliness and Halal standards.
5. Does Mayumi® contains preservatives?
- Yes, Mayumi® contains preservatives as do other sauce and ketchup products, which is aimed to prevent the growth of microorganism and to maintain product quality throughout its shelf life. Preservatives used for this product have been approved by the BPOM (National Food & Drug Monitoring Agency).